Monday, September 05, 2016

Image result for images of welcome back to school

Welcome to my Gr. 2/3 Team Wilson 2016 - 2017 Blog!  

Image result for images of teams   Parents, you are now reading my ONLY means of communication with you for this 2016/2017 school year!  This blog will replace the standard monthly newsletters and weekly notes you may have been accustomed to in past years.  It's efficient and more environmentally friendly. I will post notes, reminders, information, photos and messages. Please check it daily to stay in-the-know, or, better yet,  sign up for instant notifications sent directly to your mobile phone by entering your email under Follow By Email to the right of this post!  As a perk, your child can earn a blog draw ticket each time you answer my 'SECRET QUESTION' that I will put at the end of some posts.  Simply ask your child for the correct answer and write it in his/her agenda to earn him/her a ticket!  Blog Draws take place every Friday.  The winner of each weekly draw gets to choose a goodie from my prize box!  It's that easy! You can continue to communicate with me in your child's agenda which will be checked every morning.
Image result for images of FAQ

Q:  How often should I check the blog?
A:  I may send messages up to 3 times a week depending on what is going on.  I have set it up so that you can receive instant notifications on your mobile phone/e-mail.  Sign up for this on the right hand side of this blog.  This has proven to be very convenient for parents in the past.  I highly recommend it.

Q:  Can I respond/reply to a post on the blog?
A: No, this blog is designed to be an information sharing forum only from me to you. If you need to respond to anything that I have posted, please do so in your child's agenda. I will check agendas at the beginning of each day.

Q:  What kind of information can I expect to read on this blog?
Image result for images of children
A:  I will be posting reminders of upcoming tests, information about curriculum that we are currently learning, and helpful explanations of subject-specific terms that are necessary when completing assigned homework.  This will also help you understand exactly what your child is currently learning in each subject. Occasionally, I will be posting pictures of student work and class activities on this blog for you and your family to enjoy.  A letter of permission will be sent home this week for you to sign should you grant me the permission to do so.

Q:  What if I don't have a computer at home or at work to check messages?
A:  You may only need to find access to a computer for the first time use so you can subscribe to get instant notification on your mobile phone.  If you have no access to a computer at home or at work AND do not have a mobile phone, I will print a copy of my daily posts for you and put it in your child's agenda.  Please notify me as soon as possible if this is the case.
  
More to come soon!

Coach Wilson
St. Christopher School
Grade 2/3

______________________________________

WELCOME LETTER TO PARENTS:












Dear Parents / Guardians,                      September, 2016

         1, 2, 3, GO TEAM!  Greetings and welcome back!  This year your child will be part of an amazing combined grades team of players!  My name is Coach Robin Wilson and I have the unique privilege of developing your child this year!  I am very excited to meet each one of you and hope to do so at our 'Meet the Teacher' evening on September 17th at 5:00 - 6:00 pm.  I hope you and your family had an enjoyable summer vacation and are now geared up to experience an exciting year in grade 2/3!

        I’ll begin by telling you a little bit about myself.  I am married to my husband Sean now for 13 years, I have an amazing 11-year old son named Carter who will be in Gr. 6 this year!  For the last 14 years, I have been teaching with the Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board.  Most of my time was spent in grades 1-3!  This is my fifth year in grade 3 and second year in a row teaching a combined 2/3. This is going to be an action-packed year, I can just feel it!  To keep you informed each day, it is crucial that you follow my classroom blog at...

                          teamwilson2016-2017.blogspot.com 

Image result for images of cell phones clipart

I can be contacted at 519-972-5106 at the following times during the weekdays at the school ...  

  •  8:30 am.—8:55 am
  • 9:45 am   —10:20 am

I am also available to meet with you at a mutually convenient time. Simply write a note in your child's agenda and I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the 'must have' school supplies for this year...


    Image result for images of school supplies
  • pencils 
  • pencil case
  • coloured pencils
  • erasers (preferrably white)
  • one red pen 
  • one yellow highlighter
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • white stick glue
I will have your child communicate with you when he/she requires additional supplies throughout the year.  

  I am very excited to get to know your child and be a part of his/her experience in grade 2/3!  Now let’s have a strong start with our key players on Team Wilson!

Image result for images of whistles clipart  Sincerely,

 Coach Wilson