Monday, January 23, 2017

Good morning Parents and Players!
I hope you all had an enjoyable, relaxing THREE DAY weekend!  I certainly did!

A couple of changes this week...
Image result for images of changes clip artHomework this week will be reviewing for the math and science (grade 3) and any unfinished class work. No reading response. Check the agenda daily.
Geometry Test - Tuesday
Gr. 3 Science Quiz on Gravity - Wednesday
Mass and Capacity Quiz on Friday

Most students (with the exception of 5) completed the Great Poetry Race.  Thank you parents, for ensuring that your child read The Snake 3 times.
     A popular answer from the 5 who didn't do it was...
"I didn't have any time.  I was very busy."
So, we timed how long it took to read the poem once...
20 seconds each x 3 times = 1 minute total.  
Image result for images of shamed kidsWe also calculated how many available waking minutes students had to do this 1 minute task over the 3 days off....
12 hours of awake time a day x 60 minutes = 720 minutes of awake time a day x 3 days = 2, 160  minutes of time available to do a 1 minute task....

Of course, life happens and if you write me note in your child's agenda why your child hasn't completed The Great Poetry Race, your child will be excused.

The Great Poetry Race will be assigned every weekend.   Parents, please find out if your child was one of the 5 who didn't do it and have a little talk about managing their time.  Our poem this week is very exciting, I look forward to listening to your child read it!

That's about all for today!

Coach Wilson
Image result for images of 2D shapes

SECRET QUESTION:  I have ONE PAIR of parallel sides, 4 angles (2 obtuse, 2 acute), and two of my sides are equal. I am a polygon.  What 2D shape am I?